The Roger SoundField is a classroom amplification system featuring high sound performance combined with plug-and-play simplicity.
The new Roger SoundField (V2) comes with many new features:
- New Bluetooth connectivity module for easy connection to multimedia devices used in classrooms. This allows the teacher’s voice from the Roger Touchscreen Mic to be mixed with music or another audio signal from a smart device simultaneously.
- More Bass for a fuller, richer sound quality. Thanks to new high quality loudspeakers, new transducers and new seal.
- MultiTalker Network (MTN) to use up to 35 Roger microphones, such as Roger Touchscreen Mic or Roger Pass-around, in the same MTN Roger network.
- Easy firmware upgrades available through the USB connector, whenever it’s needed.
Classrooms are noisy places
Lively discussions and interactions between teachers and students are vital for effective learning. However, classroom acoustics are usually less than ideal and teachers are often speaking to students from a distance when they teach. This means that a child’s daily learning environment comes with many listening challenges. Fortunately with Roger SoundField, these challenges can be easily overcome. Roger SoundField effectively distributes sound from the teacher, students and other sound sources throughout the entire classroom.
In order to understand speech in noisy classrooms, children require a better signal-to-noise ratio (SNR). Roger SoundField significantly boosts a young student’s chance for academic success by providing an improved acoustic environment for listening and learning. Offering best-ever speech-in-noise improvements for normal hearing children of up to 28% at 65 dBA of noise and 50% at 70 dBA over no soundfield, Roger SoundField is in a class of its own.
Benefits for teachers
Noisy classrooms can result in teachers suffering from vocal strain – leading to poor vocal health in the long term and increased cost due to teacher absences. A survey in the UK by the Royal National Institute for Deaf People revealed that 59% of schools reported teaching days being lost due to vocal strain. The risk of longer-term vocal health problems is also lower and because teachers need to repeat themselves less often, there’s more time in class to cover lesson material. Students being able to hear and respond to instructions better has not only shown improvements in academic performances but in-class discipline is also easier to maintain.
Schools perform better financially too, thanks to reduced teacher absenteeism due to voice loss – and reduced replacement-teacher costs.
Easy as 1, 2, 3
Roger systems transmit sound digitally and automatically alternate frequencies to eliminate potential interference with existing Wi-Fi or Bluetooth networks.
One of two microphones can be chosen for the Roger SoundField. The Roger SF Touchscreen Mic continuously estimates the surrounding noise and automatically optimizes the volume, ensuring that speech remains loud and clear for everyone. Additionally, the Roger Touchscreen Mic offers compatibility with hearing instruments and personal Roger receivers.
What’s more, it’s simple to set up. Just plug in, turn on and let learning begin.
A fully connected classroom
Multimedia devices used in classrooms (e.g. TVs, MP3 players, smartboards, laptops and tablets) can easily be connected to the Roger Multimedia Hub, which wirelessly transmits to Roger DigiMaster loudspeaker. When used in a network, the audio mixing feature in the Roger Multimedia Hub allows a teacher’s voice to be heard simultaneously with an audio signal.
The right speaker for every room
Regardless of the size, Roger SoundField delivers crystal-clear sound to an entire room, making listening, focusing and learning easier.
- Roger DigiMaster 5000 V2 is the perfect solution for average-sized classrooms. Coupled with a Roger SF Touchscreen Mic, this system offers the ultimate instant-sound performance.
- Roger DigiMaster 7000 V2 is the system of choice for bigger spaces. The system can transmit over a larger area and has the option of being connected in a network of two speakers, therefore covering double the range of one DigiMaster 5000.